Unassigned - Sixth Division - Army of the Tennessee

The Fifteenth Michigan arrived at Pittsburg Landing April 5, 1862. Arms had been issued to the men, but no ammunition had been supplied. The regiment moved out upon the field early Sunday morning and formed line and stacked knapsacks, at the left of the Eighteenth Wisconsin in Locust Grove, just as Chalmers appeared in front and moved to the attack. Failing to obtain ammunition, Colonel Oliver ordered his men to fix bayonets, as if to charge the approaching Confederates, but reconsidered and about faced his men and returned to the Landing, where he obtained ammunition and again joined the fighting line at some place not now determined. On Monday morning the regiment joined Rousseau's brigade of the Army of the Ohio and fought with conspicuous gallantry all day.

The Fourteenth Wisconsin arrived upon the field Sunday night, and on Monday joined Smith's brigade of the Army of the Ohio and served with it all day. It assisted in the capture of a battery, one of which was awarded to this regiment and sent to the State of Wisconsin.

Silfversparre's battery (H), First Illinois, arrived upon the field Sunday, April 6. Its guns were four 20-pounder Parrotts. Horses had not been supplied. The men got the guns up the bank and placed them in battery in front of the Log House, where they were engaged Sunday evening.

Bouton's battery (I), First Illinois, arrived at Pittsburg Sunday morning fully equipped, but without drill, and with horses that had never been harnessed to a gun. The battery was taken ashore and reported to Sherman and rendered good service in repelling last attack upon his line at 4:30 p.m. It remained with Sherman on Monday all day, and received special mention by Colonel Gibson of the Army of the Ohio.

Siege guns. - Battery B, Second Illinois. The guns belonging to this battery were, under the direction of Colonel Webster, gotten ashore Sunday afternoon and placed in position one-fourth of a mile west of the Log House, where they formed a rallying point for all troops coming back from the front.

Powell's battery (F), Second Illinois, was encamped near the landing awaiting an assignment which Captain Powell understood would place him in McClernand's division. After waiting some time on Sunday morning for orders, Powell attempted to take his battery to McClernand. He moved out along the Corinth road, passing through Sweeny's troops at east side of Duncan field and arriving near the Duncan House, after Hare's brigade had fallen back, found himself, suddenly, in close proximity to the Confederate line of battle. In retiring one gun was upset and left just behind the Duncan Field. With five guns Powell reported to W. H. L. Wallace near the left of his line, where he was engaged until about 5 o'clock, when Captain Powell was wounded and his battery retired to its camp, where it was engaged at 6 p.m. in the final action of Sunday.

Margarf's, Eighth, Ohio Battery arrived at the Landing the last of March. By an order issued April 2 it had been assigned to the Third Division, but had not reported to that division. The only official report of its action is given in the report of the First Minnesota, which says that the "Eighth Ohio was on its left in the action of 6 p.m., Sunday at the mouth of Dill Branch."

15th Michigan - Colonel John M. Oliver

14th Wisconsin - Colonel David E. Wood

Battery H, 1st Illinois Light Artillery - Captain Axel Silversparre

Battery I, 1st Illinois Light Artillery - Captain Edward Bouton

Battery B, 2nd Illinois Light Artillery (Siege Guns) - Captain Relly Madison

Battery F, 2nd Illinois Light Artillery - Captain John W. Powell

8th Battery, Ohio Light Artillery - Captain Louis Markgraf